Growing bodies and personalities thriveon good nutrition and well-balanced, healthy diets.
Welcome to Tot’s Pantry!
Good nutrition is so important for growing bodies! We create delicious, well-balanced nutritious meals for children aged 1 – 4 years that are also super convenient for their busy parents.
We’re proud to be a wholly New Zealand owned and operated company serving families here in Aotearoa.
MEALS WITH A SENSE OF ADVENTURE
Toddlers are notoriously fussy eaters! From having to create works of art with toast shaped like a puppy, cucumber having to be re-sliced into circles rather than sticks, or making sure the carrot isn’t touching the broccoli on a plate, we’ve experienced it all! That’s why we’ve made our meals packed full of flavour, nutrition and texture – perfect for keeping the kids interested and excited at meal times. Variety is the spice of life, and it’s certainly true when it comes to our children’s food. Giving our little ones diversity in their meals is good for their development and helps them build a long-lasting, healthy relationship with food. It also cultivates a sense of adventure when it comes to trying new tastes! And we’ve done the hard work for you, and that includes piping the mashed potato that tops our cottage pie into cute little swirls, to please even the fussiest pint-sized food critics.
MADE BY HAND AND IN SMALL BATCHES
From Spag Bol to Cottage Pie to Mac ‘N Cheese, our meals are familiar, comforting and delicious Kiwi favourites. They are all hand-made in small batches by our talented cooks in the kitchen, no mass production here! We wanted to create scrumptious toddler meals that taste just like Mum’s home cooking. And for the more adventurous palates, we’ve recently introduced the Chicken and Pumpkin Curry, which is an exciting way to introduce little taste buds to new flavours. Full of nutritious veges, our meals pack a powerful nutritious punch. We’re not in the business of misleading or just achieving minimum standards; we believe in providing complete transparency over our products. You can see from our ingredient list that we don’t scrimp on the good stuff!
DOING OUR BIT FOR TOMORROW’S GENERATION
As parents ourselves, we want to preserve our planet and its natural resources for our children and future generations. Whether it’s animal welfare, preserving sustainability of resources or thinking about the effects of plastics and other pollutants on New Zealand’s pure environment, our children’s wellbeing and their future is important to us. That’s why sustainability and sourcing free range produce is high on our agenda. Our chicken is free range, our beef is 100% grass fed (and hormone, antibiotic and GMO free) and our fish is sustainably sourced from New Zealand waters. Not only does this show our children positive leadership, but we think it makes their meals taste better too!
The Nutrition Behind our Meals
Here are the minimum standards of nutrition we have set for every Tot’s Pantry meal:
- At least one of five a day serving of vegetables – this is variable from child to child as it is based on the size of their palm. We believe that 40g (half an adults serve) achieves this for a 1-4 year old.
- No added sugar – this includes honey, malt and malt extracts.
- Low in salt – we don’t add salt to any of our meals, however some of the ingredients we use (eg cheese) have salt added.
- No additives or preservatives – none of the food we make, nor the ingredients we use have any additives or preservatives added.
- Contains a source of protein – each dish will have at least 5g protein per serve.
- Food Standards Australia & New Zealand are the legal rules we have to follow and all of our meals conform to these standards, including any nutrition claims we make.
- Recommended Daily Intakes and Adequate Intakes are sourced from the Australian Government & Ministry of Health Nutrient Reference Values for Australia & New Zealand Ministry of Health food and health guidelines
- Using this information we have broken down the daily requirements for the important energy nutrients into what a main meal should provide for a 1 – 4 year old as part of a healthy balanced diet.