Growing bodies and personalities thriveon good nutrition and well-balanced, healthy diets.
Welcome to Tot’s Pantry!
We create delicious, goodness-packed meals for children aged 1 – 4 years, that are also super convenient for their busy parents.
We’re proud to be a wholly New Zealand owned and operated company serving families here in Aotearoa.
MEALS WITH A SENSE OF ADVENTURE
Our meals are packed full of flavour, nutrition and texture – perfect for keeping the kids interested and excited at meal times. Variety is the spice of life, and it’s certainly true when it comes to our children’s food. Giving your little ones diversity in their meals is good for their development and helps them build a long-lasting, healthy relationship with food. It also cultivates a sense of adventure when it comes to trying new tastes!
JUST LIKE HOME COOKING
We pride ourselves on delivering delicious childrens’ meals that are prepared just as they would be at home. We’re not in the business of misleading or just achieving minimum standards; we believe in providing complete transparency over our products. You can see from our ingredient list that we don’t scrimp on the good stuff!
SINGING THE PRAISES OF SUSTAINABILITY
We believe in teaching children that animal welfare is important and that we shouldn’t abuse our planet’s natural resources. That’s why sustainability and sourcing free range produce is high on our agenda. Our chicken is free range, our beef is 100% grass fed (and hormone, antibiotic and GMO free) and our fish is sustainably sourced from NZ waters. Not only does this help show our kids positive leadership, we think it makes their meals taste better too!
The Nutrition Behind our Meals
To ensure your little ones are getting just what they need from our meals, we have worked with our nutritionist to develop a set of rules. These are also guided by and compliant with NZ legislation.
Here are the minimum standards of nutrition we have set for every Tot’s Pantry meal:
- At least one of five a day serving of vegetables – this is variable from child to child as it is based on the size of their palm. We believe that 40g (half an adults serve) achieves this for a 1-4 year old.
- No added sugar – this includes honey, malt and malt extracts.
- Low in salt – we don’t add salt to any of our meals, however some of the ingredients we use (eg cheese) have salt added.
- No additives or preservatives – none of the food we make, nor the ingredients we use have any additives or preservatives added.
- Contains a source of protein – each dish will have at least 5g protein per serve.
Our nutritionist used the following guidelines and sources to create our Tot’s Pantry nutrition rules:
- Food Standards Australia & New Zealand are the legal rules we have to follow and all of our meals conform to these standards, including any nutrition claims we make.
- Recommended Daily Intakes and Adequate Intakes are sourced from the Australian Government & Ministry of Health Nutrient Reference Values for Australia & New Zealand Ministry of Health food and health guidelines
- Using this information we have broken down the daily requirements for the important energy nutrients into what a main meal should provide for a 1 – 4 year old as part of a healthy balanced diet.